- Safe and friendly
- English speaking
- Scenic and historic
- Culturally rich & diverse
- Great food and all diets catered for
- Easy access from US & European airports
- Wifi widely available and free
- Donegal wears Irish history on her landscape; ancient tombs, monasteries, castles, stately homes and Irish cottages.
- Donegal includes several Irish language speaking areas called Gaeltacht’s along the coastline.
- Donegal is the heartland for traditional Irish music and culture.
- Donegal’s proximity to Northern Ireland allows us to study the Northern Ireland Peace Process and the Irish Civil Rights Movement, ‘The Troubles’ and the Irish Peace Process.
- Neighbouring Yeats’ Country is associated with the literature and folklore of Ireland.
- Donegal is the home of Irish surfing.
- Donegal is Ireland’s friendliest county. There is a Céad Míle Failte (one hundred thousand welcomes) everywhere you go.
Why Institute of Study Abroad Ireland?
- Our mantra is authenticity. We take you off the beaten track, bypass commercial and ‘touristy’ locations and introduce you to a rich culture with a local flavor.