Join us for a very special program which is focused on creative writing and poetry. Drew University is the only U.S. University to have an M.A. in poetry, and each January, they hold a residency in Ireland with us in beautiful Donegal. You can join us and the Drew faculty, and enjoy a cultural program that will include workshops and readings in poetry. You can also attend lectures in Irish history and culture, and participate in field trips to spectacular and historic locations.
Your Programme Includes:
- 2 nights private accommodation in a Dublin city centre 4* hotel
- 7 nights private room in shared seaside apartments with fellow writers & artists
- Lectures & workshops in on Irish writers, literary history, Gaelic, and writing with special guest writers.
- Trips to scenic locations associated with Irish writers including Yeats Country and Seamus Heaney Homeplace
- Downtime to write, and social time to share your work
- All transfers & trips as per itinerary
- Meal plan as per itinerary
2500 USD per participant including airport transfers, meal plan as outlined in schedule, all transfers to sites, and lectures as per plan, admission fees, poetry workshops and readings, lectures on Irish history and culture, guided field trips, evening entertainments , 2 nights accommodation in Dublin 7 nights Donegal. Fees do not include airfare, meals not included in the itinerary , beverages or gratuities.
You will stay at our Atlantic Campus, which are self-catering apartments located on the main street of Bundoran, and two minutes from the beach.
They include a kitchen, dining area, 1-2 bedrooms and bathroom. The Atlantic Campus also has a large downstairs lobby with WiFi and televisions, a leisure center with hot tub, and small swimming pool, a breakfast area, pool room, a teaching area, and its very own pub.
- All bed linen is provided and room lists are provided in advance for allocation purposes.
- There is always a first-aid trained member of staff on duty and the doctor’s office is here in Bundoran. Sligo hospital is just 25 minutes away.
- Food is provided on site and at local restaurants. We can cater for all dietary needs and allergies. Vegetarian, Gluten-free and Vegan options are available.
- Breakfast is continental style, cereal, fruit, toast, preserves, tea, coffee, more toast!
- Lunch is usually purchased as we travel on field trips.
- Dinner is a choice of 3 main courses followed by dessert.
- Cooking facilities
- En suite rooms
- Swimming pool
- Sauna & Jacuzzi