The Institute of Study Abroad Ireland is the ideal partner to help internationalize your campus and your students.
We work with two-year and four-year colleges and universities to design excellent, affordable and authentic short study trips in Ireland for student groups.
Our lecturers work directly with faculty to provide study trips that will work as course components for your programs. We will customize a syllabus that works for you.
Our programs are affordable, authentic and accessible to students.
We arrange pre-program professional development in study abroad, and site visits for your administration and faculty
We are a trusted partner of very many educational institutions in the USA. Please visit our blog to review the many programs we have delivered over the years.
We arrange part-funded site visits for faculty, administrators and study abroad advisors to come to Ireland and prepare for a faculty-led trip.
Our next professional development / site visit will be September 10-16 2020
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS- CLICK FOR SAMPLE SYLLABUS.
- Global Studies- Interdisciplinary Cultural Experience
- Peace Studies, Civil Rights & Social Justice
- Nursing & Healthcare
- Literature/Arts/Theatre Studies
- International Business Studies
- Ecology, Environment and Sustainability
- Women’s Studies
- Sports Management/Sports Team Bootcamp
- Criminal Justice
- Geology/Landscapes and Identity/Biology/Topography
For more detailed information, please email Dr. Niamh Hamill email@example.com
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
Many of our students who have come to Ireland had not previously traveled abroad. Every single student we have had here, without exception, called it a ‘life-changing’ experience. Every single student we have had has described the outcome as entirely positive, engaging and formative. Ireland is friendly, and people are interested in meeting with students. It is a great first step into the wider world, and for many, the first of many journeys.
- Experience of global travel
- Experience of a different culture
- Personal development
- History in context –social, cultural, economic and political development of a community through time
- Critical comparison and evaluation
- Social codes and Social difference
SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
We tailor the trip to suit the students. Sometimes, the group is very focused on a particular field of studies. Sometimes, there are students drawn from different disciplines, and an interdisciplinary cultural experience is what’s required. Together, with your faculty, we draw up a curriculum that fits what you want. Critical and comparative thinking are at the core of all we teach, and we use Irish experiences, past and present, to emphasize shared narratives, common experience, empathy and global citizenship. If your group is mixed, and you are including community members, alumni, first-time travellers and students from different disciplines, we recommend an interdisciplinary cultural trip. This will include history, culture, politics, economics, arts, cultural activities and community service projects. However, if you have a class that are studying a particular course, we can offer the following tracks:
- Peace Studies/Political Science/ Criminal Justice/ Civil Rights
- Humanities : History/ Literary Studies , Arts, Languages, Theatre Studies
- International Business/ Entrepreneurship
- Nursing & Healthcare- an International Perspective
- Sports Management/Team Bootcamps
- Women’s Studies
We help you with
- Making travel arrangements to Ireland
- Quality Assurance paperwork provided; risk assessments, liability insurance etc.
- Airport meet & greet
- All Transfers & Accommodation arranged
- Lectures/Tuition & Integrated field trips
- Meals, activities and cultural events
- 24/7 Supervision and assistance
- Individual or group payment systems
- Free faculty places
For high resolution photographs and logos for promotion of ISAI programs, please CLICK HERE https://drive.google.com/openPROMOTIONAL MATERIAL For high resolution photographs and logos for promotion of ISAI programs, please CLICK HERE
Please note- these photographs and logos may not be used for any programs other than official ISAI programs. All copyright of ISAI.